British Council Scotland are committed to promoting the cultural talent and assets that are a distinct part of the United Kingdom’s wider cultural offering. As an instrumental player in the creation of the first Edinburgh International Festival in 1947, British Council Scotland has continued to bring international academics, policymakers and artists to Scotland and take counterparts abroad.
British Council Scotland engages with the best of Scotland’s creative talent by:
- Focusing on work that demonstrates excellence and innovation
- Supporting projects that offer value for money
- Developing new partnerships and relationships with key organisations
- Enabling more Scottish professionals to attend international festivals and events
- Assisting in the management of Scotland’s contribution at major international events
We design specific programmes appropriate to the regions we work in and ensure these programmes are aligned to British Council's objectives, local aims, interests and needs.
Although we are approached with many exciting ideas for projects, we are only able to collaborate on a limited number of partnerships each year.