We are committed to developing and promoting Scottish arts and cultural talent as a key part of the UK’s cultural offering. Our arts programming spans five key aims:
- Sharing UK arts with the world - introducing audiences around the world to the best of UK creativity and creating new opportunities for artists and organisations to work internationally. We also support reciprocal work into the UK.
- Fostering collaboration and networks - supporting creative people to collaborate and experiment with new ideas and developing sustainable ways of working for long-term prosperity.
- Arts for social change - extending safe spaces for culture, creative exploration and exchange; building trust, enabling dialogue and presenting marginalised voices; and supporting the protection of cultural heritage and expression of cultural identities.
- Capacity building - strengthening the arts sector worldwide by developing its capacity to innovate, reach new audiences and develop skills.
- Policy and research - shaping cultural policy and sharing research with the cultural sector in the UK and overseas.