We are committed to developing and promoting Scottish talent as a key part of the United Kingdom’s wider cultural offering.
As a co-founder of the first Edinburgh International Festival in 1947, we have continued to bring international artists and policymakers to Scotland and take their counterparts abroad.
We engage with the best of Scotland’s creative talent by
- focusing on work that demonstrates excellence and innovation
- supporting projects that offer value for money
- developing new partnerships and relationships with key organisations
- enabling more Scottish professionals to attend international festivals and events
- assisting in the management of Scotland’s contribution at major international events
We design specific programmes appropriate to the regions we work in, making sure that each fits British Council objectives and interests, as well as local needs.
Although we are approached with many exciting ideas for projects, we can only collaborate on a limited number of partnerships each year.