Are you interested in social action? Do you have an idea to reduce plastic waste in Scotland?
If so, youth coaching organisation Know You More wants to hear from you. It helps young adults by providing in-work coaching on issues like the transition from education to work, career-progression and well-being.
This year Know You More is one of two Scottish delivery partners for Active Citizens, a fully-funded social leadership programme developed and run by the British Council.
Know You More will be recruiting 30 change makers from across Scotland to develop social action projects focused on reducing plastic waste.
And, as part of Scotland’s Year of Young People 2018, they are committing 50% of places on the programme to 18-30 year olds.
A series of workshops, virtual coaching and 1:1 sessions will be held across four days in Dundee, allowing participants to develop their projects and learn skills in leadership, communication and entrepreneurship. There will even be an international study visit for Active Citizens later in the year.
The deadline for applications is 31 August. They can be made by individuals, groups and teams. Anyone can apply, however the programme will be of most benefit to those who:
- Enjoy personal development
- Are interested in social change & reducing plastic waste
- Are comfortable using technology & applications
- Have access to a good internet connection & a mobile device, PC or Laptop
- Are able to invest four days in the development of their social action project
- Are able to attend four days of facilitated face-to-face workshops in Dundee
For more information on how to apply, visit the Know You More website.