Applications are currently closed.
We are working in partnership with the Lefèvre Trust to offer a limited number of grants to Scottish secondary schools to facilitate reciprocal visits to partner schools in France. The opportunity marks the final round of Lefèvre funding and recognises the recently re-signed Memorandum of Understanding between Scotland and France.
Schools interested in applying should have an existing link to France through a partnership or exchange. Projects with a STEM focus, and from schools in underprivileged areas, are encouraged.
Why take part?
A French study visit is the ideal way to instil a love of the French language in learners, give them exposure to authentic language usage and enable them to experience French culture first-hand. Pupils can also benefit from:
- raised levels of language proficiency in preparation for exams
- improved confidence in speaking French by practising with peers at the partner school
- increased motivation in continuing to learn French by exchanging language and culture in an authentic environment
- strengthened partnership and development of new cross-curricular projects for the whole school.
What are the details?
- Grants of £5,000 are available to facilitate reciprocal visits to France.
- Visits should take place within 18 months of acceptance.
- Applications are open now and the deadline is 7 January 2019.
The application form and guidance notes are available from the links below.
Completed applications and enquiries should be sent to the dedicated mailbox: email@example.com.